Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Trent Lott Retires After Running Out of Black Jokes


WASHINGTON D.C. (NB) - After thirty-five years in Congress, Mississippi Senator Trent Lott has announced he would be resigning at the end of this year. Citing his reason for retirement, Senator Lott claimed to have run out of jokes about African-Americans.

"Sometimes the well just runs dry. I've really made huge steps in the way American policy addresses defense and fiscal responsibility, but I haven't come up with an original joke about black people in three years. Sure, I've got some new ones about gays and Jews, but that's not my shtick. Therefore, I think I should end on a racism high note. It's kind of like how you wouldn't want to see Jon Stewart do physical comedy," said Lott.

In related news, Congressman Tom Tancredo will continue his run for President because he just heard this great one about why Mexicans can't be firemen.

1 comment: